Thursday, March 7, 2013

'The Core and The Light"Mystical Philosophy/A Prayer a Day©2013


"The Core and The Light"
Marjorie Lipari©1993

A Prayer a Day
03/07/13

However polarized in the competitive 
paradigms we have designed,
I do not think it honorable taking 
pleasure in someone else’s misfortune.

 I am not a fan of… nor do I encourage schadenfreude. 

I never have derived enjoyment from
 someone else’s humiliation or embarrassment, 
for having lost in one of so many earthly, mortal, material challenges, whether it be politics, 
sports, or childhood pranks intending to exploit
 the vulnerability factor in one with less adroitness.

For me there is no entertainment 
in the unraveling of another’s dignity. 

Are we not all in the same 
vessel sailing on the same seas?

How can we possibly 
secure a successful voyage, 
fracturing our collective prowess, 
in an effort to demoralize each other
 simply because we do not agree?

Why not strive to find ways to act in concert, 
otherwise we’re at risk of betraying the sacred journey. 

Yes, this life is a sacred journey,a gift of supreme giving, an opportunity to thrive in 
spirit and discover the divine alive in us.

If my brother is in pain, I resonate 
with that pain and wish it gone. 

If my sister is in despair,
 I feel her as well and ask she be lifted. 

My prayer this day is that humankind 
shall cease offending its own heart  
and return to its sanctified self
the core and the light of its soul.

Listening,
Rev. Mudra
Mystical Philosophy Rev.Marjorie Lipari©2013


"The Core and The Light"




Rev.MarjorieLipari/akaRev.Mudra
"Inspired to Inspire"

Spiritwatching@aol.com

http://revmarjorielipariakarevmudra.blogspot.com

http://pointlessplea.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/mudras-spiritual-art-gallery/


No comments:

Post a Comment