Monday, January 3, 2011

"Life's Beauty and Human Privilege" Mystical Philosophy/A Prayer a Day©2011

"Life's Beauty and Human Privilege" Marjorie Lipari©2010

A Prayer a Day
01/03/11

Often when I study the face and form of my dog, I am astonished by her

symmetry and beauty, and how it calls me very much into the present moment.

Like wise when I daydream gazing into the textures
that swirl through the multicolored fur of my feline,
I am amazed by nature’s artistry and how it too carries me
into the right here right now of living.

When staring into a mirror observing my own image,

I reflect upon and consider what we humans are capable of doing

when we are tuned into the nature of our being.

I sit here with my fingers flying around these computer keys communicating to you, thinking all sorts of thoughts, aware of my peripheral vision, seeing objects and shades around me, with my body doing its thing, breathing and pumping blood,while in the same instant, coded in my nervous system’s  memory, I am recalling when I was ten years old riding a bike all day long out on Long Island, and this is happening all in a fleeting second of time and awareness. 


With so much and so many experiences had by each of us,

may we practice to be here in the now... sharply awake.


All we need do is call our attention back to our inhalation and exhalation

and into the present moment we do glide, to the only place where life happens.

Grateful for the mystery and the mastery of our bodies and our spirits

and the privilege that has been given becoming human.

My prayer simply put this day is:

Let us live as the absolute best humans to lovingly take in as much

of life’s beauty awake and alert in the reality of NOW.

Listening,

Rev. Mudra

Mystical Philosophy Rev. Marjorie Lipari©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment