Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Another 's Shoes" Mystical Philosophy/A Prayer a Day©2011



"Another's Shoes" Marjorie Lipari ©1989


A Prayer a Day


06/14/11



I was contemplating the strangeness of stepping into another person’s shoes for curiosity sake as a mental exercise,



 let’s say for a mere 30 seconds, and in my  thinking.... the concept of realizing myself in the mind of another,


 I reasoned would be like journeying into outer space on acid.


I was imagining myself looking through some one else’s eyes


 from the inside of their body witnessing myself across a room as the other.


Why would I want to be in another’s shoes when I have quite enough homework to do in my own?


And why this should occur today in my thought process, I do not know.


Maybe spirit is reminding me to handle my own mortal business focusing on my personal growth.


 Nudging me further to seek the truth of myself with a greater awareness




in practice and to appreciate in an even deeper way my very existence:



who I am... where I am... why I am


 Am I indeed once again being encouraged


to live even more authentically....as my own person in the here


 and now, guided to unconditionally respect the essential


 likenesses and differences reflected in others.


This  task I would say is every human’s life-time project.


Though we perceives slightly off center through our individual filters as part of a given egoistic subjectivity,



we are obviously connected  reaching toward our wholeness.



So without arrogance...I ask the unseen powers beyond my comprehension



to keep me safely in this moving vehicle ,
called body 



guide my spirit and my soul, 
nourish me with love and laughter, 
let me find that pot of gold within myself



 and motivate me to share my love beyond the boundaries of any paradigms of limitation.



Listening,



Rev. Mudra




Mystical Philosophy Rev. Marjorie Lipari©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment