Sunday, December 25, 2011

"Something About Bells"Mystical Philosophy/A Prayer a Day©2011



 


"Something About Bells"
Marjorie Lipari©2011


A Prayer a Day
12/25/11



There is something about church bells ringing 
that I find to be divinely comforting, often traveling me to distant places in my mind.


I am now hearing them ring out from the church on the corner, they are centering and reassuring to me, arousing in my soul ancient memory, that embraces my senses and lifts my spirits in pleasing vibrations.


There is a mystery about bells that transports 
me in my imagination, and it has been this way all my life and I say it is a good and lovely thing. 


Perhaps, I was a monk in a past life or Rudolf with that red nose prancing about proudly with Christmas sleigh bells.


I have bells and chimes in my home that I ring  
most mornings when I rise chanting
“may peace prevail on earth” and also within my own heart.


It must begin with me, I say, and I am admittedly far from always peaceful.



May I deal daily with any discord or uneasy feelings in me responsibly and only with compassion.


Reaching into a truth that still waters run wise, wild and deep, might I spend days in the depths of my own stillness repeatedly baptizing myself, so to speak, in sacred waters of peaceful surrender. 


May I be my own healing influence to 
“light-carry” the wise, wild and deep currents of my passions into creative blissful 
purposeful manifestations. 



Listening,
Rev. Mudra
Mystical Philosophy Rev. Marjorie Lipari©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment