Tuesday, October 11, 2011

""GENTLE"Mystical Philosophy/A Prayer a Day©2011

 "GENTLE"
 Marjorie Lipari©2005
 
A Prayer a Day
10/11/11
Gentle can be oh so very very strong and effective.
When my feline companion decides she wishes me to serve her breakfast,
 it bothers her not that I am nocturnal and it is only 6:30 AM, she begins her campaign of action. Ever so GENTLY she comes up to my pillow and sits right by my head at whiskers length, just touching my skin ever so slightly, remaining perfectly still until I am awakened. Her touch is torturously tender and gentle, having a laser like quality. As I open my eyes I see her “little face” staring back at me with the intensity of a samurai. I resist. I turn away. I want to sleep!!!!!! She comes around and begins again on the other side of my pillow, strategically placing herself,  so I  will again feel her GENTLE whiskers just so slightly informing me that my struggle is in vain, and that I must get up and feed her. Annoyed now, I encourage her to go away. She gently refuses. I cover my head. She sneaks her face under the sheet…peering sweetly. I turn away again. She steps “gently” onto my back and can actually apply a ridiculous amount of weight for such a pip-squeak of a being. I’m amazed at the strength, not only of her willpower, but of her body. Some days this cat and human game goes on for quite some time…but she inevitably and gently wins,with no harm done I might add. I have learned that gentle action requires patience, commitment, clarity of intention, the will to do no harm and lots of love. May we humans grow these qualities more in us, as we together pursue our goals to
 better this world.
Listening,
Rev. Mudra
Mystical Philosophy Rev. Marjorie Lipari©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment