Sunday, October 23, 2011

"I Remember"Mystical Philosophy/A Prayer a Day©2011

  "Twinship Touching Spirit"
Marjorie Lipari©1995

A Prayer a Day
10/23/11

As I remember dancing with my late
 twin brother Victor, I am moved to the depths of my soul.
 Missing him today and every day that passes since 1997.
He was my ally my graced companion.
 He was my witness, now gone from this world of human doing.
Witnesses are the ones who can recall the shared experiences, the moments that mattered, the instances that make all the difference, the things that shape lives.
The ones whom you can ask  do you remember when?  And they do remember.
 And we get to glimpse again the glory or the terror or the challenges
of the journey together as mates reviewing what life had to offer and what we offered life.
Do you remember when we ran on Jones Beach , laughing, doing the limbo, being  silly and carefree with our adventurous friends? Do you remember the first time we got into the car and drove to Manhattan scared to go through the tunnel but made it braving the effort together? Do you remember when we got on a ship and went to Europe acting in the LaMama Troupe?
I stayed in Paris you went to Denmark.
We were the twins who were living and being so very young, so very freely ourselves.
The past is a sacred thing. Time is fleeting and seemingly amorphous.
Though we are here but for a nano second relative to eternity,
I am grateful this day for every memory good and/or difficult.
I am grateful as a flesh and blood mortal to have shared this reality with my sweet brother. And today as I am thinking of him and honoring his spirit and his loving heart, I say
“ I will be our witness and forever hold our memories
until our spirits carve together new ones.” 

Listening,
 Rev. Mudra
Mystical Philosophy Rev. Marjorie Lipari©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment